Thursday, August 6, 2009

Commissioner's Note - Rivalry Week and Division Changes

Ok, so I basically decided to go ahead and assign the rivalry week match-ups myself. For one thing, I didn't get everyone's preferences and for another, it's easier this way. I made the decisions by finding a way to make everyone's match-up be against someone with whom their all-time record was either tied or just one game apart. The one exception is JMB vs Tim, where Tim holds the all-time record, 6-3-0. But it works out that way anyway, because a) they're in-laws and b) their nine games against each other is tied for the most head-to-head meetings of anyone else in the league.

Most of you don't quite have a 'rivalry' with your match-up, but it'll develop over time.

First or Last vs Deion Found Jesus
1-1-0 Regular Season
1-1-0 All-time

I Have a Bush vs Beatubad
2-2-0 Regular Season
3-2-0 All-time [I Have a Bush]

Vince Young vs Djibouti Crust
2-1-0 Regular Season [Djibouti Crust]
2-2-0 All-time

The Undisputed vs Tenacious D
4-3-0 Regular Season [Tenacious D]
4-4-0 All-time

I'm a Texan vs Wrong Answer
2-2-0 Regular Season
3-2-0 All-time [I'm a Texan]

Texas Thundermonkeys vs Hybrids
4-2-0 Regular Season [Hybrids]
6-3-0 All-time [Hybrids]

Lastly, I decided to go ahead and split the league into four divisions of three teams. One, I like the format better. Two, it makes it much easier to set the 13-game schedule (one game against every team in the league and two against your division foes). So here's how the division make-up now.

NORTH
  • Wrong Answer
  • Tenacious D
  • I Have a Bush
SOUTH
  • Beatubad
  • Vince Young
  • The Undisputed
EAST
  • Texas Thundermonkeys
  • Deion Found Jesus
  • Djibouti Crust
WEST
  • Hybrids
  • I'm a Texan
  • First or Last
The other two teams in your divisions will be the team you play twice every season. Get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment