Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome All

Welcome to the blog specifically centered around League of the Crust (LOTC). Since it began six years ago, this league has evolved into something so much better than some standard, run-of-the-mill fantasy football league. As founder and commissioner of the LOTC, I am constantly looking for ways to advance our league. I am confidant that something like this is the next progression for all competitive fantasy sports.

Please understand, I wouldn't have taken the time to create this blog if I didn't believe this thing would last for the next 25 years (if you old people can last that long). Don't mistake this for taking the league too seriously. It took all of about 15 minutes to create the site, and further development will be a process that takes place over time. This is meant to be nothing more than something else to make the league more enjoyable.

I AM, however, a freak when it comes to things like historical records and statistics. In only a few days, you will see posts containing a wealth of relevant history on our league.

In addition, you will be able to refer to this site to easily refresh yourself on your keeper designations, as well as your redshirt designations. My hope is that we will eventually have individual team pages that have information specifically relevant to you, your rosters and your history. But something like that is probably a year or two away, unless someone with much more time AND programming knowledge suddenly volunteers their services on the matter.

Our blog posts will address NFL news that has a direct impact on our teams and will contain the author's opinions on the implications of said news on the season. This includes times like right now, in the offseason. Trades, free agent signings, draft picks; anything that affects our rosters. At this moment, I have extended invitations to Ryan and Aaron to be contributing authors on the blog. There are multiple reasons for this.

1) Aaron has been heavily involved in our league message boards and has also demonstrated an ability to write well, which I figure should be a prerequisite for a contributing writer.

2) Ryan also writes quite well and is undoubtedly my number one contact to discuss all things 'sports', so I know I can count on him to update the site should I ever find myself unable to immediately connect.

If any of you other managers wish to become contributing writers, please first get involved with our Yahoo message boards. If you are an active part of the boards, you can then become a writer on the blog.

In addition, I have added several widgets, including ESPN's RSS feeds to NFL breaking news and NCAA Football breaking news. Also, there is a Youtube feed at the bottom of the page that is pre-set to give us videos relevant to the National Football League.

Anyway, here we are: the next age of the League of the Crust. I hope you enjoy it.

leaguecrust.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be honest...
    This is freaking amazing!!! I at first found this blog a little sad, but I now find myself here daily to see what you guys come up with next... This is the best Fantasy league ever!

    ReplyDelete